The Mogalakwena Research Centre is situated on the Mogalakwena River Reserve, near the town of Alldays in the remote North-Western part of the Limpopo province in South Africa.
Research manager: Dr Tanja van de Ven
Address: Mogalakwena Research Centre
Mogalakwena Farm MR 383
PO Box 60
0909 South Africa
- Arriving at O.R. Tambo International Airport, take the Gautrain to Pretoria Station.
- The preferred bus services operating between Pretoria and Polokwane are Greyhound, Translux and City-to-City. Before departure please ensure that you have booked a bus ticket.
- From Pretoria Station board a bus to Polokwane. From here a transfer can be arranged.
- SA Airlink is the only airline offering flights from O.R. Thambo to Polokwane International Airport.
- Arriving at O.R. Thambo walk to the Domestic Departures terminal to board a SA Airlink flight to Polokwane. From here a transfer can be arranged.
Transfers from and to Polokwane
Mogalakwena Reserves are located 40km outside of Alldays in the North Western part of the Limpopo Province. It is a remote area and no bus services are available to Alldays or the Reserve.
- Transfers can be arranged from Polokwane
- Follow instruction above to Polokwane by bus or by plane.
- A staff member from the Research Centre will meet you at the station or airport.
- For more information on the location please refer to the above map.
- Proceed along the N1 (Ben Schoeman) highway to Pretoria and take the eastern bypass (N3) that becomes the Polokwane (N1) highway.
- At the Kranskop tollgate continue straight toward Polokwane (N1).
- As you drive into Polokwane you will stop at the first traffic circle, take the first exit.
- Follow the signs indicating Dendron/Mogwadi R521 and it will take you around the city centre and out towards Dendron/Mogwadi/Alldays.
- Continue straight on the R521 passing Dendron/Mogwadi and Vivo towards Alldays.
- As you drive into Alldays you turn right at a t-junction and immediately left again.
- Drive through Alldays towards Swartwater on R572.
- After 10km turn left at the first sign indicating Tolwe onto the gravel road
- Approximately 25km further you will see a sign indicating Mogalakwena River Lodge. Turn right to the lodge gate entrance (if you reach the bridge you have driven past the entrance!)
- Once you have entered through the gate take the road marked Mogalakwena River Lodge to your left and follow the road down to the River Lodge.